IAOTM: Time Surfer

Time Surfer
A GAME YOU SHOULD PROLLY GET BY PETER FRANKO

I started a new segment the other week, iPhone App Of The Month but seeing as that would require me to do one of these every month, the amount of responsibility was too daunting. Thus, look at the new title. I even managed to keep the same acronym.

---

The other day I was in need of some fresh gaming blood. Bored at the moment off of Punch Quest and Temple Run 2 I hit the AppStore and stumbled across Time Surfer. The game is essentially Tiny Wings among the cosmos. It's got floating planets, baddies, and asteroids to bounce off, as well as powerups to make the game feel very arcade-y. It utilizes quests similar to Punch Quest or Jetpack Joyride and does it fairly well. A downside is that the reward for the quests isn't actually of that much value to the player. It may not be as addicting as either of those games, but it is definitely a worthy time killer. Fantastic galactic visuals spruce up the feel, and customizable skins keep you unlocking things for a little while.

All in all, I'd say Time Surfer is a good use of a buck, and just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment